Types of Posts
Opinion/Op-ed: Op-eds are articles that reflect the author’s opinion about the subject. Opinion pieces are written by subject-matter experts with a unique perspective on an issue.
Commentary: Commentary articles are those in which our writers share their opinion of someone or something that shows or makes a statement about the true state or condition of something.
News: News articles include eyewitness accounts of live events and detailed accounts of a particular situation answering questions in the readers mind including who, what, when, where, why and how. News articles answer just the facts without giving opinion. News articles may contain photographs, accounts, statistics, graphs, recollections, interviews, polls, debates on the topic, etc. Quoted references can also be helpful.
Profile: Profiling public figures are a great way to give readers a behind-the-scenes look at influential leaders and influencers in today’s world.
Interview: Writers are invited to submit interview transcripts in both audio and text to our publication for consideration in publishing.
Text & Audio
Writers are encouraged to submit both a text and audio version of their article
When it comes to writing online as a blogger for THRiVE! there are a few things to remember in terms of how you structure your content. This article by NYU gives many great suggestions as well and can serve as a great reference.
- First, you need to remember to keep your writing clear and concise.
- Don’t use words that no one understands
- Keep your paragraphs shorter.
- Avoid jargon and industry-exclusive insider language that the general reader doesn’t understand.
- Many people reading online scan the content before reading. Using strong subtitles and paragraph text is a must.
What We Won’t Publish
- Anything that may be construed as a scheme for link building.
- Anything that’s overly promotional in nature
- Offensive or inaccurate content.
- Overly and unnecessarily critical of individuals, churches, or companies.
- Submissions must meet our quality standards in order to get published.
- Please do not publish your post to your own blog, LinkedIn, Medium, or elsewhere afterward. But of course, sharing the content on your social media profiles is highly effective and appropriate.
- We reserve the right to edit your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it for accuracy